Federation of International Robot Sports Association Code of Conduct
FIRA (Federation of International Robot Sports Association) is an organization that creates the potential grounds for the empowered young generation and thinkers of modern robotics (i.e.; autonomous mobile robots) and artificial intelligence to recognize the most important needs of different sections of society, including industry, for a better future.
Competition participants and attendees are expected to interact with others in a respectful and courteous manner, and to abide by standard academic practices of giving appropriate credit for other peoples’ ideas.
Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic, intimidating, harassing, or threatening behavior towards any other event participant or directed at any organizer, student volunteer, sponsor, event staff, or spectators, will not be tolerated. FIRA disapproves of offensive actions, aggressive acts, or comments that intimidate or disparage others. FIRA will not tolerate any kind of harassment, including but not limited to.
- Verbal attacks, accusations, bullying, or offensive comments
- Aggressive or intimidating behavior
- Sustained disruption during presentations and other events
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Deliberate intimidation or stalking either in person or online
- Sexual and racist images or materials in public spaces
- Ignoring, encouraging, or advocating any of the above behaviors